Editing: Using and editing green screen footage

Today we learnt the skill of being able to use a green screen, not only that we were taught how to also edit the green screen clips and edit them to look professional and awesome. Firstly we were given a tutorial of all the different lighting uses with a green screen, we were also given a warning about how the creases of the green screen could effect the quality of the final edit. We were then given 2 clips, one of Mr Henton talking infront of the green screen and secondly a video of Adele's music video 'Rolling In The Deep'. We were told to open APP and were given the tutorial on how to use the master key, cropping the green screen video and how to make the video smaller to look more professional. Below is my final edit showing that I am capable of using a green screen...




I was then given the challenge to use some green screen clips previously filmed of a girl miming to the song from Adele 'Rolling In The Deep', we were then given the actual music video. Below is my final edit in which i used Adobe Premiere Pro, what i chose to do was to mix up the actual music music video and then put in the green screen footage in parts where the lip-syncing matched, below you can see a 40 second section of my final edit.



What have I learnt from this experience?

I have learnt clearly how to film using a green screen, how different light can affect and contribute to the final look of the clips, also how creasing of the green screen can cause major disadvantages to the final product. I had also learnt how to edit these clips using Adobe Premiere Pro, we were taught how to use the Master Key which is an effective tool to use when coming to work with green screens.

What will I take out from this experience? 

From this experience of learning how to use green screen footage I will be able to consider whether I can use it in my music video. Now that I have the experience and knowledge of being able to use a green screen this gives me an advantage to whether I use it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment