Construction: Editing Day One

After I had captured the first section of my music video, I felt that in order to understand whether I had filmed the right clips, I would edit together a first draft together. The software I used to edit the draft together was Adobe After Effects, below I will leave some proof shots of me editing.

Here are the composition settings I have used for my music video, 1280x720 was the screen size in which I will be using meaning that my final project will be in HD.








 To get the anamorphic  look in my music video, I created a black 'solid' layer, I then used the rectangle tool to create a suitable black rectangle over the video, I then changed the rectangles settings to 'subtract'.



To not get confused when working on the work panel with all the different clips, I had collectively changed the color of the markings to helps identify the music, the introduction and the main music video.








Although not complete, I added a basic color correction to the music video by creating an adjustment layer and adding curves and huw/saturation from the list of options, I made sure that the color green was slightly more noticeable and reduced the amount of blues.








I have rendered together a first draft of the opening 1:40 of my music video, make sure you also watch it in 720p for the best results!





No comments:

Post a Comment