Construction: Day 2 of filming and editing

Today I set out to collect the rest of the filming I would need for the remainder of my music video, myself and the actor set a time in which we would go out and film, thankfully, the weather held up nicely and we were able to get the shots we needed. I spent around 2 hours filming as I took the time to get as many shots as possible which would help me with editing later on.

As I finished filming, I uploaded the clips to my computer and started the editing process all over again. Because I already created the template, color correction, composition settings etc for the opening 1:30 of my music video, I really didn't need to add much apart from the clips of course.  Below are some images of me editing on Adobe After Effects:

The effect I wanted on some clips was the reverse effect, to create this, I clicked on the chosen effect, went to TIME then TIME REVERSE LAYER.











Next I wanted to play around with the colour corrections, as you can see the image is now black and white, to do this I clicked on the adjustment layer I created earlier, went to EFFECTS > COLOUR CORRECTIONS > HUE/SATURATION.







The next common process was to just add the clips in which I filmed earlier today, this was the simple 'drop and drag' process onto the timeline, I then would crop the clips to the appropriate size.







To gain a final copy of my first draft I would have to add the footage to the render que, To do this, I went to FILE > EXPORT > ADD TO RENDER QUE.  I then changed the file settings to H.324 and then add audio by ticking the 'Audio preferences'.







I have finally editing together a 'draft' final edit for my music video, the reason why it is a draft is because I would like some feedback given to me about whether or not it's good or if there is something I can change. You can watch my music video below:


No comments:

Post a Comment