Planning: Equipment planning

To make my music video look as professional as possible, I will need to be equipped with some great tech in order to pull it off. Below are some of the equipment I have planned to use for my music video:

HD Quality camera 

I have planned to use a good quality camera to film my music video, however I have not specifically chosen chose the model of the HD camera yet. I need the camera to be a top quality model so that I can get some great shots which make the music video look less of a home movie and more of a professional music video, I hope that the camera gives me crisp looking shots and other factors such as focus and exposure lock.

Below are some camera's which will give me quality results:

- Panasonic HC-V700
- Canon Vixia HF R300
- Panasonic HC-V720
- JVC Everio GZ-VX815
- Canon Legria HF R48
- Canon XA10

CHOSEN CAMERA

The camera I have chosen to use is a Nikon D3200, this is due to a range of factors, for example the camera can be accessed from the media department of my school. It is also a good quality camera as i have watched previous quality tests of the  camera. Below is me experimenting with the D3200…


I experimented with the depth of field of the camera. For example in this picture you can see that you person is in focus whilst the background is slightly blurred out. This shot shows the quality that the camera works at.













Again this shows the different qualities of the depth of field, it also shows the quality of shots the camera is able to produce. This makes me confident that when i come to taking pictures for my digipack, i will get some really good clips.












This was my first time using the Nikon to film, although it doesn't look great it was because I was just playing around with the different effects, I am hopeful that the quality of the camera will give me the best results when filming my music video.



Steadicam


A steadicam is a piece of equipment which uses physics to balance out the proportions of the camera so that when filming, the camera doesn't shake and cause bad footage. The reason I want to use a steadicam is quite simple really, it will give me great, professional shots and prevents the camera from shaking when I'm walking/moving the camera. I am able to borrow this piece of equipment from the media department which gives me an advantage as I won't have to look into renting one.





Tripod


Again a tripod is another piece of equipment which is incredibly important to enhance the quality of my filming, this is because it prevents the cameraman from holding the camera all the time which could cause the image to shake, instead the tripod allows the camera to sit on top of it and gives you the opportunity to move it sideways, upwards and downwards. I am able to borrow this from the media department meaning I don't need to look to rent one out. I have also had previous experience with using a tripod so I know how to use it efficiently.



No comments:

Post a Comment